- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 double cut lamb chops, Frenched
- 2 ounces shelled pistachio nuts, finely ground
- 2 ounces bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt, finely ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, finely ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme, finely ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary, finely ground
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over high heat. Sear the lamb chops for 90 seconds on one side, then turn over and sear the other side for an additional 90 seconds. Remove lamb from skillet and let cool to the touch (approximately 5 minutes).
Mix the pistachio nuts, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, thyme, and rosemary in a medium shallow bowl. Mix the yogurt and mustard in a small bowl.
When lamb chops are cool to the touch, spread a thin layer of the yogurt / mustard blend on all four sides. Dip the lamb chops into the pistachio / bread crumb mix and coat evenly on all four sides. Stand the lamb chops up in the cast iron skillet and place the skillet into the preheated oven.
Bake for approximately 18 to 20 minutes until a meat thermometer registers 145 degrees. Place two lamb chops on each plate and serve.