- 2 lbs. 16-20 size prawns, deveined, tail-on
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 lb. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp. Italian parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chives, finely minced
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Position a rack in the center of the oven.
Peel and devein the prawns, leaving the tails on. Toss in a bowl with the olive oil, 1 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Place on a baking sheet in a single layer.
Place the butter, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, parmesan cheese, 2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper, 2 Tbsp. parsley and chives in the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the paddle. Cream together until completely mixed.
Dot the top of the prawns with the garlic butter, using 1/2 to 2/3 of the butter. (The remaining butter can be used for garlic bread or tossed with pasta.)
Bake the prawns for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley and serve hot.