- ½ pound of filet mignon
- 1 TBSP butter
- 2 springs of fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 TBSP grapeseed oil
- 2 cups arugula or mixed baby salad greens
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup candied pecans (optional)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, minced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
FOR THE STEAK:
Place your steak on a cutting board and pat dry with a paper towel. Let the steak come to room temperature, 20-30 minutes.
Once at room temperature, brush the steaks with the grapeseed oil and season both sides generously with salt and pepper.
Heat a sauté pan on high until slightly smokey. Place the steaks in the hot sauté pan and sear for 5 minutes. Flip the steaks over and add the garlic cloves, butter and rosemary sprigs. Baste the steak with the butter and continue cooking for another 5 minutes or until the desired temperature.
Place the steaks on a cutting board and let them rest for 10 minutes.
FOR THE BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE:
Whisk the 6 ingredients together and set aside.
TO ASSEMBLE THE SALAD:
Combine the desired salad ingredients and toss. Drizzle with the balsamic vinaigrette. Slice the cooked steak and place on top of the salad. Finish with a little salt and pepper.
Silverado guest experiences manager & Le Cordon Bleu trained chef